Prayers for Violence on your City
Ezekiel 7:11 (NKJV)
Violence has risen up into a rod of wickedness; None of them shall remain, none of their multitude, none of them; nor shall there be wailing for them.
Origins of BLM
- Pray for supernatural insight on the law enforcement entities assigned
- Pray for necessary resources to be released into legitimate anti-violence organizations
- Pray for aggressive evangelism campaigns to be activated city wide with miracles, signs, wonders & strange works manifesting salvation
- Pray for every covenant of hell & agreement with death to be annuled in your city.
Then the Spirit lifted me up and brought me to the East Gate of the Lord's house, which faces eastward; and there at the door of the gate were twenty-five men, among whom I saw Jaazaniah the son of Azzur, and Pelatiah the son of Benaiah, princes of the people. And He said to me: “Son of man, these are the men who devise iniquity and give wicked counsel in this city, who say, ‘The time is not near to build houses; this city is the caldron, and we are the meat.’
- Pray for God to bring exposure individual and institution causing mischief in our city. Pray also for God's judgment to break forth against all wicked counsel assigned to cause the demise of our citizens.
The Lord is well pleased for His righteousness’ sake; He will exalt the law and make it honorable. But this is a people robbed and plundered; All of them are snared in holes,
And they are hidden in prison houses; They are for prey, and no one delivers; For plunder, and no one says, “Restore!”
- Pray for the body of Christ to "Awaken," to the righteous calling of our city and region and call for the "Restoration of Righteousness" in the land
- Pray for eyes to see and ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to each of us to awaken to the spiritual concerns around us.
- Repent for complacency and ask God to show us what needs to be restored.
- Pray for strength and favor for Christians in leadership.
Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, Neither wasting nor destruction within your borders; But you shall call your walls Salvation, and your gates Praise.
- Pray that VIOLENCE would not be heard in this city as we enter the summer months. Decree that the powers of destruction will be unable to operate in the borders of Bakersfield and that instead revival would begin to take place.
Their webs will not become garments, Nor will they cover themselves with their works; Their works are works of iniquity, And the act of violence is in their hands.
- Pray that every web of VIOLENCE and INIQUITY would be uncovered.
Psalms 5:11-12 (NKJV)
For they have rebelled against You. But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
Let those also who love Your name be joyful in You. For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield.
- Pray for favor for the righteous; strength and resources for those ministering to the broken and hurting in our community.
And he caused it to be proclaimed and published throughout Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything; do not let them eat, or drink water. But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily to God; yes, let every one turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands.
- Pray for elevated levels of consecration to be upon those who have authority and influence. Pray that the spirit of repentance would begin to hit this city as we begin to cry mightily unto GOD so that every man would turn from the evil and VIOLENCE in their hands. This would include offense, complacency,
“Thus says the Lord God: “Enough, O princes of Israel! Remove violence and plundering, execute justice and righteousness, and stop dispossessing My people,” says the Lord God. “You shall have honest scales, an honest ephah, and an honest bath.
- Loose principalities of rebellion, violence, unforgiveness, offense over our city that incite destruction and VIOLENCE causing communities to be spoiled. Loose the spirits of judgement and justice to operate in their place. Bind righteousness, justice, and favor upon city government and leaders for all cultural spheres. Strength for the righteous
He will spare the poor and needy, And will save the souls of the needy. He will redeem their life from oppression and violence; And precious shall be their blood in His sight.
- Pray for the power of God to prevail on behalf of the poor and needy. Pray for the redemptive power of the LORD to be released over Bakersfield to deliver it from the grip of deceit and VIOLENCE.
Make a chain, For the land is filled with crimes of blood, And the city is full of violence.
- Pray for the LORD to break every chain of violence and murder that has been bound to inhabitants or sites in the city causing it to be a breeding ground for bloody crimes. Loose all spirits connected to murder and blood thirsty spirits, and bind righteousness, reconciliation, peace upon the city.
- Pray against all avengers of blood hidden in the communities of your city.
They covet fields and take them by violence, Also houses, and seize them. So they oppress a man and his house, a man and his inheritance.
- Loose every spirit of covetousness and greed that has incited VIOLENCE in this city and caused families to suffer and be oppressed.
- Call for the blessings of God to restore and assist the wounded,
Deliver me, O Lord, from evil men; Preserve me from violent men, Who plan evil things in their hearts; They continually gather together for war. They sharpen their tongues like a serpent; The poison of asps is under their lips. Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; Preserve me from violent men, Who have purposed to make my steps stumble.
- Pray for God's sovereignty to manifest to preserve citizens from the evil and VIOLENT man. Pray that the purpose of the violent man are exposed, rooted out and overthrown.
Pronounce them guilty, O God! Let them fall by their own counsels; Cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions, For they have rebelled against You. But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield.
- Bind rebellion daily
- Loose favor, wisdom, discernment on those in authority, including policemen. Pray for no harm to befall the innocent, for integrity and righteousness to be upheld in all circumstances.
It is God who avenges me, And subdues the peoples under me; He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man. Therefore I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the Gentiles, And sing praises to Your name.
- Pray against all acts of retaliatory VIOLENCE. Ask God to expose every strategy in your city through vigilante exploits and gang activity on an organized & street level. Pray for the youth to be liberated from VIOLENT men.
For great is Your mercy toward me, And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol. O God, the proud have risen against me, and a mob of violent men have sought my life, and have not set You before them. But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.
- Pray that God' s hand would intervene to deliver us from the tactics and assignments of the VIOLENT, and His mercy to be upon the law abiding citizens.
- In conflict let there be no manipulation of truth.
RESTORATION of Righteousness:
Malachi 4:6 (NKJV)
And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers,
- Pray for the restoration of families
- Pray for effective ministry outreaches for gang members and their families
By this I know that You are well pleased with me, Because my enemy does not triumph over me. As for me, You uphold me in my integrity, and set me before Your face forever. Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting!
- Pray for integrity to be upheld in all cultural spheres, government, education, church, media
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
- Pray for heart felt repentance that changes lives and causes people to let go of former things, and direct their steps towards God's destiny for them.
Come, and let us return to the Lord; For He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up. After two days He will revive us; On the third day He will raise us up, That we may live in His sight. Let us know, Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord. His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, Like the latter and former rain to the earth.
- Pray for the desire to turn back to God, through repentance to give new life: where there are broken relationships God would grant reconciliation and healing; release from generational sin through repentance
Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear.
- Pray for strength, boldness for all those in authority; for those working in ministry outreaches to gangs; for police and those in juvenile courts
Incline my heart to Your testimonies, and not to covetousness. Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way. Establish Your word to Your servant, who is devoted to fearing You. Turn away my reproach which I dread, for Your judgments are good. Behold, I long for Your precepts; Revive me in Your righteousness.
- Cry out for revival
- Seek to serve diligently through your gifts and callings
- Remove any obstacle that keeps you from His Presence and understanding your identity in Christ
Credit for excerpts: rolwchicago.com/prayers-against-violence-for-our-cities/
"I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem, they shall never hold their peace day or night. You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent, and give Him no rest till He establishes and till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth." Isaiah 62:6